Date(s) - Wed Jun 12
8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Meet by 7:50 am, to depart at 8:00 am prompt.
Meet at CSA DT Drop-in Centre, Grizzly Paw side.
Recon Sunday 9th: All trails and forest road in good condition. Foresee no problems with access. Falls are running high.
1. We will go straight to the Beaverfoot Forest road at the River Rafting access, through turn-round underpass then drive 11 Km on good gravel.
2. Hike trail to the west bank viewpoint on boundary of NP. Return.
3. Lunch at roadside campground.
4. Short drive to great photo viewpoint downstream of Falls.
5. Drive back to the TC.Highway, drive east, and hike to the east Wapta viewpoint or some other trail of interest on the way home (suggestions welcome).
Long day and drive. Suggest bring two lunches, plenty of water (can leave some in car during west hike), and snacks.
Be prepared with waterproofs for heavy spray, river should be high.
Level: C   at C pace
Trip Leader: Geoff Williams
Distance (km): 11
Vertical Gain (m): 230
Max Elevation (m): 1,600
Duration (hrs): 9 - 10
Meet at 8:00 AM; See notes
Cost ($): 15
Max Participants: 12
MUST SIGN UP
Earliest Signup: 8:00 pm Wednesday before trip
To register, email request to: email@example.com
If no reply check your email junk folder