Activity bookings for the week of Monday January 21 – Sunday January 27 can be seen here.
At Canmore Seniors Association our many different programs offer a wide variety of opportunities for socializing, learning and keeping active physically and mentally. Many of our classes are instructor-led, others organized by members. We try to keep fees (when applicable) to a minimum.
We also organize travel and trip events, for example a four-day visit to the Jasper Park Lodge, shopping excursions, and artistic performances.
Here is a listing of activities you can join, but this list just keeps on growing, so be sure to check our weekly newsletter and noticeboards regularly, or contact the CSA office.
See information and schedule here.
- Scottish Country Dancing (intermediate level)
- Come Dance with Us – couples social dancing – New time in 2019- starts at 7 pm, first Wednesdays of the month
- Get-Up-and-Go Cardio, Core and Floor Get up and Go – Mondays and Thursdays 9:30 – 10:30 am
- Gentle Paced Core Strength – Mondays and Thursdays 10:45 am – Noon
- Tuesday Sport Conditioning – 9:30 – 10:30 am
Floor Curling (everyone welcome, no team commitment)
Juggling – Mondays 1:00 – 2:00 pm (no skill or equipment required)
Mah Jong – Mondays and Thursdays 1:30 – 4:30 pm.
Somatic Movement Classes – Tuesdays 9:30 – 10:30 am, Feb 12 – Mar 19, contact Brenda Tutt to reserve your spot
T’ai Chi (intermediate practice, gentle, non Taoist)
Table Tennis – Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 – 11:30
Yoga email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair Yoga – Wednesdays 10:30 – 11:30 am
- Seniors Hatha Yoga – Fridays 9:30 – 10:45 am
Mtn Fit Yoga – Prepare and repair your body for all of your favourite winter activities – Wednesdays 9:00 am
Restore Yoga – Wednesdays 4:00 – 5:15 pm. As active mountain people YOU NEED THIS CLASS ! The class begins with myofascial releases to help release muscle and tissue tightness. Followed by supported poses to relax, repair and restore the body… NO YOGA SKILLS NEEDED
Croquet and Lemonade
Outdoor Core and Power Walk
Trips with the Meanderthals:
- Cross-Country Skiing